Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

8.19.2006

And now a word from our sponsor...

A perk that comes with using coupons and sending in for rebates is that I often get to try new products for free. Listerine has a new product called Listerine Agent Cool Blue that was free after rebate recently at Walgreens, and this week it's free after Extra Care Bucks at CVS.

Marketed for kids, it's not just a mouthwash: it's a pre-brushing rinse. It's like those little red pills I remember from my elementary school days. Remember those? You'd chew them up and give a big grin only to see red all over your plaque-covered teeth. This works the same way except that it's a rinse that you spit out, and it's blue.

I tried it for the first time today. I brushed and flossed first, so that I could use the rinse to see how much gunk I had missed. I have to say that I thought my flossing technique was better than it apparently is. There were traces of blue between each tooth.

Next time I'll try it before I brush and floss, so I can get the full before vs after effect.

So I probably sound like a commercial, but I suppose there are worse things that I could sound like. And I do enjoy trying out new products for free.

2 Comments:

Blogger Margo said...

I remember those pills! LOL. I recall being in the 2nd grade and not wanting to talk to anyone after eating those things just in case my teeth were pink. I didn't want anyone to think I was gross.

Sounds like a neat product!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

You were braver than I, Margo. I would never even use those evil red pills. I was just too scared of what I might see looking back at me from inside the mirror afterwards. :-X

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home