Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

8.21.2006

I miss the South

There's something intrinsically wrong about hearing "sweet or unsweet?" when you order an iced tea. As if there were any kind other than sweet! And northerners can tell me until they're blue in the face that I can just add a packet of sugar to make it sweet, but it's not even close. All that does is make gritty unsweet tea, and that's just criminal.

I've tried to sell my husband on the merits of living in the South, but he is unmoved. (Literally as well as figuratively.) I think at this point we'd have to win the lottery, and then we'd have a summer home and a winter home.

Pardon me while I wander over to the
Powerball website to see how high the jackpot is.
:-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I found the answer to fixing unsweet tea. Most bars have simple syrup and you can add that to create sweet tea.

HTH

9:22 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

I love sweet tea, and I ove the south. When I was a kid I couldn't wait to grow up and get out of here, but now you couldn't force me to leave.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home