Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

9.04.2006

I'd Rather Deal With the Teenagers

It was late and I was in bed, sleepy but not quite asleep. The television was on for background noise, and my husband had been asleep for a while already.

I was surprised when I heard a car go by our house on our little backroad street with its radio blasting and bass thumping. I don't recall ever hearing that out here before. I even muted the television to get a better listen. Sure enough, that's what it sounded like -- some punk kid and his stereo on steroids. But soon enough the car had gone past, I unmuted the television, and went back to trying to sleep...

... until a few seconds later when the unmistakable odor of my husband's farts wafted over to my side of the bed. I buried my head under the covers, thankful that we each had our own blanket, and wishing that what I heard had actually been outside.

2 Comments:

Blogger Margo said...

GROSS ME OUT THE DOOR!

Loving the fair pics!! :-)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

LOL Margo, it's what I have to live with. :-)

As for the fair pics, believe it or not, there are more. I may get to them eventually.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home