Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

9.04.2006

Fair Pics III

Axel's menu includes deep fried chocolate chip cookies as well as macaroni and cheese on a stick:


With the Blue Ribbon Bargain book, you get a coupon for a free 4 oz sherbet. I had watermelon:





If I had realized the Dole Whip booth was here earlier in the day (read: before I was stuffed), I would've tried one. They served (I have no clue if they still do) these in the Magic Kingdom in Disney World years ago when we first started going as a family. We all loved them, but mom was obsessed with them, trying to recreate them at home. I'll make a point of trying one at next year's fair.





These folks missed the memo-on-a-stick, and they're serving caramel apples IN A DISH. That should be against the law.





2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't care how they arrive, just give me a caramel apple.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Sure, but a caramel apple in a dish is a bowl of apple chunks with caramel sauce for dipping. It's not even close to a real caramel apple.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home