Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

8.28.2006

Heather's Geneology Meme

Heather has tagged me for a meme.

1. Which famous person would you most like to learn that you are descended from?

Richard Feynman,



in the hopes that I had inherited some of his eccentricity,



his ability to find the fun in solving practically any problem,



and his not giving a damn about what other people think.



2. Which famous person would you hate to learn that you are descended from?

I would hate to be part of the Kennedy family.

3. If you could be ancestor to any living famous person, who would it be and why?

I'd just be thrilled to be anybody's ancestor.

4. If you could go back in time and meet any known ancestor(s) of yours, who would it be?

My paternal grandfather.

5. Tag five others

Steve, Katherine Coble, Kathy T, Vera, and one more to be named when once her blog is up and running later this week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

Oh wow! This is gonna be cool!

I know what I'm doing on my lunch break tomorrow. Or, later today... ;-p

12:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK, OK, I'll read the Feynman. :P

9:40 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Heather, two things:

1 -- This wasn't an attempt to make you read the Feynman books (I'd given up on that for at least another month :::grin:::);

and

2 -- I'm going to change my recommendation on which to read first. I had previously suggested "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman" first and then "What Do You Care What Other People Think?"... but now that "Classic Feynman" is available, I say read that first.

"Classic Feynman" is the compilation of the other two, in chronological order, and it comes with an audio CD, on which Richard Feynman gives one of his talks about Los Alamos. It's the first time I heard his voice, and after you hear his voice and learn his story-telling style, the books come even more alive than before. Or at least check out "Classic Feynman" from the library, listen to the audio CD, and then read the other two (shorter) books. Either way, he's a real treat.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home