Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

10.18.2006

A Vague Post About Vagueness

One phone call earlier today may very well change my life. I won't know for a while, but there's that possibility. The problem is that I can't talk about it here.

Blogging seemed like it was going to be a great little pasttime for me. Then I realized that most of what I want to talk about isn't appropriate for such a public, permanent, searchable, traceable-back-to-the-real-me forum. Not that I have inappropriate things to talk about, just that this isn't really the place. For instance, if I were going to ____ for a _____, it would be inappropriate to talk about that here. If I did _____ _ ____, I shouldn't talk about that here, either. Or if I happened to _____ ___ ____ _____ ___ _____ ___ ____ ____ _____ ___ __________, that is most definitely not appropriate for discussion on my blog.

It's tough sometimes. I want to come here and write about ___ __ ____ and ___ ____ to get it off my chest, to help me sort through my feelings, and to get some feedback on the situations, but I just can't. I know at least one of you out there have had the same experience. I even know who you are, but mentioning your name isn't appropriate either. And I know at least one blogger out there who should seriously consider censoring him/herself once in a while, but that's another story for another day.

So what do you guys do when you have stuff to write about that you really shouldn't post?

6 Comments:

Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

If I really shouldn't post something then I don't. For instance, it might be amusing to poke fun at my roommates, but since the computer is in the living room they might well see it and get offended, so I haven't even mentioned them.

Another option is to write it in a code! That would allow you to vent and veil at the same time. The results might be brilliant.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

"Since the computer is in the living room" is your reason? Not "since everything I say is available on the web and searchable through Google, etc"? ;-)

4:50 PM  
Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

I didn't realize it at the time, but that's kind of funny now that I think about it. Yet it does, to me at least, make sense.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Prairie + Sky said...

Okay, so my husband and I had fun trying to crack your code. Here is our Mad Lib interpretation:

For instance, if I were going to work for a pirate it would be inappropriate to talk about that here. If I did walk the plank, I shouldn't talk about that here, either. Or if I happened to get a hook on my hand and start saying "Swoggle me eyes" that is most definitely not appropriate for discussion on my blog.

It's tough sometimes. I want to come here and write about that cursed crocodile and Mr. Smee to get it off my chest, to help me sort through my feelings, and to get some feedback on the situations, but I just can't.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog that I finally wrote on for the first time yesterday. I do hope that you get some answers to the questions that you have been having lately. The questions of life keep coming, always.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Tara, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying, literally. That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I'll be adding a link to your blog from mine, ... just as soon as I can calm down.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll be sure to say hello to Mr. Smee for you.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

LO(very)L!!!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home