Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

10.24.2006

Mandatory F.U.N.

Friday I have an appointment of sorts -- of vague sorts, if you've been paying any attention at all to what Mr. Smee and I have been telling you -- at 9:30 am. I'm a little nervous about it. Not so much about whether it will go well or not, just that I'd rather it be today so I could get it over with. Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep myself busy so that I don't dwell on it too much. Idle hands and all that.

The summer after my junior year of high school I went to a 4-week-long summer program for those of us on the top of our academic game. One of our recurring activities was called F.U.N. I don't recall now what the acronym stood for, but it was very contrived, and it was a mandatory activity. It quickly and not-so-affectionately became known as Mandatory Fun. In that spirit, I'll share with you my to-do list for today:

  • Time of Your Life doing the laundry

  • Barrel of Laughs straightening up the living room

  • More Fun Than a Canned Ham putting non-perishables away in the pantry

  • Squeal with Delight cleaning out the kitty litter

  • Giggle Like a Schoolgirl washing the dishes

  • Fall Down from Laughing So Hard paying the bills

  • Jump for Joy making a shopping list for tomorrow


  • See you on the other side.

    Signed as slowly as possible to continue putting off the inEvitable,

    Cinderella Connie

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Margo said...

    revel in pure delight scrubbing the grime from the tub.

    grin like an idiot while wiping my kids bottoms.

    Sing a song of happiness picking up my husbands dirty socks...

    2:01 PM  
    Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

    At least you got something done! I've got a cold or allergies and feel about as energetic as a dead monkey.

    8:45 PM  
    Blogger Connie said...

    Ben, if I could figure out a way to bottle and sell the energy that even one of my kitties has, I'd be rich. And you'd feel more energetic than a dead monkey. Feel better soon.

    11:18 PM  
    Blogger Prairie + Sky said...

    Arrrgh, matey! I hope that your vague appointment goes incredibly well!

    10:48 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home