Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

11.09.2006

She Should've Kept It a Secret

Tuesday afternoon Heather and I were talking about what we were going to do when she's hear this weekend-ish. I told her I was completely flexible and willing to do pretty much anything she chose. She had something in mind already for us.

We'll be meeting for lunch at Everest on Grand. It sounded lovely when she described it: Tibetan cuisine, kind of a cross between Indian and Chinese, which we noted made perfect sense because of the geography.

I wish she had just surprised me, maybe called me up a couple hours before we met just to give me an address, because this is the third straight day I can't stop thinking about how wonderful this food will be. It's the perfect place for the two of us to go together, too, because Heather has this way of making me relax in unfamiliar situations. I'd probably be more timid trying new foods like this with anybody else.


They have yak on their menu at Everest on Grand. Will I be that adventuresome? Only time will tell.

You're welcome to join me in my droolfest:

The Cuisine
Everest Menu

I'm counting the days, Heather. Meanwhile, stay sane on your trip. Speaking of sane, if you want me to pick you up at your inlaws' house and drop you off afterwards, I do make a terrific designated driver. ;-)


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You won't be disappointed. I can't wait! :)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

I know I won't be disappointed. It sounds wonderful!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home