Evitable

completely avoidable commentary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Just another Southern gal stuck in the midwest, making the best of it by taking advantage of the great coupon deals, enjoying the three weeks of summer each year, and writing about it all here.

11.10.2006

I Still Pray That The Answer Is Yes

The waiting is eating me alive. I've learned the sound of the mailman's truck as he leaves my mailbox, pulls up to my neighbor's, and goes off down the road. I can usually be at the bottom of the hill to check the mail before he's even out of sight. But it's killing me. The nervous energy is just too much to take on a daily basis.

My husband had a really good idea last night that I'm going to start trying to implement today. He suggested it was time that I just assume the answer is no, and then if I hear otherwise, it'll be a nice surprise. I really would have liked to have heard something definitive by now. Part of me wants to say I'd rather know the answer is no than not know at all, but that's not really true. It just feels that way because the waiting is so hard.

So that's the end of the vague updates about the vague appointment and Mr. Smee (thanks, Tara). If in the future I hear an affirmative answer, I'll post an update. Until then, I guess I'm going to assume the answer is no and try to go on to the next thing I need to get done.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Being in a very similar boat I've actually been trying a very similar tactic... it's not working that well.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Heather, yeah, it's not working for me either. I went for a drive yesterday to clear my head. Six hours later I was back home. Not exactly what I had in mind, but I just ended up wandering around the city. Oh well.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Tater, yes, no news at all that day. Maybe the plaid blanket is broken?

See, now I'm going to have to explain the plaid blanket.... maybe. ;-)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Prairie + Sky said...

Sounds like wisdom mixed with hope, which is a good combination. Still hoping for the best with you whatever it is. If doesn't happen, I'll pop Mr. Smee right in the kisser. Take that Matey!

1:04 PM  
Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

Oh my, the vague code is starting to develop. Plus it works! I would comment on the ol' plaid blanket, but I would probably get in loads of trouble. It's like playing Madlibs.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Tater, I do believe I'll have to post the story of the plaid blanket. It may drive Ben mad if I don't, and we don't want that. :-)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home